About Startpage.info Virus
Startpage.info just like many other browser hijackers relies on a distribution technique that is called ‘bundling’. In most of the cases, such websites are promoted via freeware and shareware, so try to be very careful when installing such programs on your computer. So what makes the Startpage.info browser hijacker a program not to be used on your computer? Besides, you may also find yourself on domains that look quite suspiciously and are filled with commercial content and annoying pop-up ads. We haven’t found news about security vulnerabilities of this program on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it seems that it’s the biggest risk to use this toolbar on Internet Explore. All in all, do not waste and initiate Startpage.info removal before it roots deeper into the system.
If you can see this browser hijacker on If you are in this situation right now, our advice would be not to browse the net until you reset previous browser’s settings. In order to avoid that, you need to start paying more attention to the quality of programs that you download to your computer. In addition, if you have noticed Security Shield on your computer, don’t leave it there because it will continue redirecting you to its purchase page or even may disable you from the internet and let more viruses inside. For the same reason you cannot get rid of it by restoring your previous browser settings.Download Removal Toolto remove Startpage.info
How does Startpage.info Browser Hijacker Make an Entrance to Your Computer?
At Startpage.info Of course, it’s your choice. Remove them as soon as possible! Thus, you should remove each of them to prevent redirects, slowdowns, data leakage and other unwanted issues. For instance, advertising campaigns can become a bothersome feature of your daily browsing. help you get rid of all plug-ins and other programs that may installed along with this infection. Its creators get paid for that. Finally, this PUP may The Website team has prepared Startpage.info removal guide for you – you can find it on page 2.
Beware that some of these redirections lead to compromised websites where you can get your system infected. Later this profile will be used to generate advertising content, for which the third parties are responsible. Each time you click the ad or go to an unknown third party website, the developers of this browser hijacker generate income in a suspicious way. You should not do so. So when you download ANY program from the Internet (no matter that you cannot see any signs of optional programs – not yet), check if it does not have any programs attached to it. Some versions of this virus install software that blocks browser settings from changing.
The Final Notes Regarding the Spreading of Startpage.info/Search.dm-cmf.com Hijacker
Google Chrome: Generally speaking, an anti-spyware program is apt in dealing with any sort of malware, so rest assured that it will finish Startpage.info removal properly. Usually, Startpage.info hijack happens when you select “Recommended” installation mode and then finish the installation guide without even realizing that you haven’t unticked the additional application which hid the hijacker. Accordingly, users must be educated about the proper technique of installing freeware, which is the installation in the Advanced (Custom) mode. However, we recommend using a reputable anti-spyware software to do this job for you. That’s why we highly recommend avoiding this browser hijacker. If you do not want to experience such negative effects again, change the usual course of actions.Download Removal Toolto remove Startpage.info
IF your system has already been affected, remove Always review the revues of file-sharing websites that operate with free programs and the manage to find information of the chosen application itself. Startpage.info and other software developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. please continue reading this article. Make sure you follow each step as instructed to eliminate Startpage.info browser hijacker for good. Make sure you upgrade it to its latest version before running system scan. us. Therefore, it might be a more attractive solution for those who dislike meddling with the malware by themselves.
Manual Startpage.info removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete Startpage.info from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to Startpage.info completely.
Uninstall Startpage.info from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate Startpage.info extension from your browsersStartpage.info can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove Startpage.info, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the Startpage.info related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose Startpage.info related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset