Restart your PC in Safe Mode
Regardless of where you live, you have to be exceptionally careful about spam emails. reatek.exe (also known as reatek.exe Virus) reatek.exe must be one of them. According to our malware researchers, the Trojan is usually spread using spam emails with corrupted attachments. A fake antivirus client might also start operating. Once reatek.exe is active, it changes original eplorer.exe executable with a copy of itself. It, of course, does not mean that specialists suggest transferring cyber criminals the money they require. reatek.exe properties:
Being a nasty piece of ransomware, reatek.exe.AS exploits various security holes when it tries to enter the system and drops its own entries in the Registry next. reatek.exe uses the AES encryption to make sure that users cannot decrypt those files themselves without the special key. This support scam can also inform you that there is some serious system issues that need to be resolved right away. There are also decryption tools available for such programs, and you can easily find them online. During the process, a malicious .dll file could be placed in the Temporary files directory. ! Unfortunately, you cannot stop reatek.exe once it is executed, even if you reatek.exe it quickly.Download Removal Toolto remove reatek.exe
Delete the registry strings
reatek.exe does not make serious modifications inside the affected system. Apparently, the malware’s creators chose to encipher only data located in %USERPROFILE% subfolders called Desktop, Documents, My Pictures, My Music, and My Videos. For example, they can be disguised as invoices from companies such as eBay or Amazon. In order to check It can be an online scanner as well, but make sure that it is a reliable one before running it. Overall, it is safe to say that the threat has encrypted personal files. Our research team has found out that in quite a few cases reatek.exe is spread disguised as a .pdf file with a dubious name such as Ducoment_5580331.
If you install an antimalware tool on the system, you will protect your PC not only from trojans, but also from other serious malware like rootkits, ransomware, and the like. It is better to find out more about your enemy than just do everything it says. As a result, one by one your files might be getting a second extension called .reatek.exe (e.g. If you are unable to do that manually, scanning your operating system might be the right move. Also, make sure to back up your personal files to keep them safe in the future. However, as mentioned, this should not be your objective. Of course, it asks you to pay 0.02 Bitcoins ($45) within 4 days if you want to get your decryption key, but you should not even consider paying.
How is reatek.exe Trojan Spread?
The attackers give their victims 5 days to pay the ransom; The program is based on the HiddenTear open source ransomware, which is quite often used by cyber criminals to create their own custom versions of malicious infections. When you get a response, you will know how to proceed. If you install it now, you will have reatek.exed automatically. We advise you to download our recommended antimalware tool and use it to scan your whole system. Of course, we advise implementing reliable security software, but your own input is crucial as well.Download Removal Toolto remove reatek.exe
It would seem that it is possible to avoid getting infected with reatek.exe, and scanning the downloaded files would always be a good idea. According to security specialists working at 2virusremoval.com, reatek.exe and similar threats usually sneak onto computers together with other unreliable software. Below you will find our brief removal guide that should help you get rid of the malicious threat. Other malware, including ransomware, spreading methods should also be taken into account. You should also consider the sum of money it asks you to pay. This cannot be claimed to be a steep price for your precious files if you really get the necessary key and files to recover them.
Manual reatek.exe removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete reatek.exe from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to reatek.exe completely.
Uninstall reatek.exe from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate reatek.exe extension from your browsersreatek.exe can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove reatek.exe, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the reatek.exe related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose reatek.exe related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset