Boot up in Safe Mode with Networking
hpset.exe is a trojan designed to steal user sensitive information. Just like infamous Zeus, hpset.exe collects certain information on the compromised computer and additionally uploads it to command-and-control servers. You will only know about its presence when it reveals itself by displaying a ransom note on your screen informing you about the encryption and that you have to pay a certain amount of money to get your files decrypted. While you are at it, you should also consider scanning your system with the Anti-Malware Tool free scanner. Restoring your files might be quite challenging if you do not have healthy copies of your files saved. You will find our recommended removal steps at the end of this article too, but since hpset.exe might still be corrected and we cannot know everything about it, you may want to use a trustworthy security tool.
For starters, we would like to begin from the threat’s distribution manner. Yes, we are 99% sure that you could no longer open your files if this infection finds a way to enter your system. The infection is known to be able to install malicious software on your computer. At the time of research, the sum requested was 1 Bitcoin, which is quite a common amount, as this sum translates to around $600 and €550, and that is quite substantial. Once the virus infiltrates the computer it starts tracking the user’s data. The files that this malware attacks have such extension as .avi, .jpg, .mp3, .gif, or .txt.Download Removal Toolto remove hpset.exe
Delete hpset.exe Ransomware’s registry key
As you can see, it could be a serious mistake to open such a mail. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as free money in the future. Right after that, a file called “ODZSZYFRUJ-DANE.TXT” is created to provide you with more information. And it is not just attachment files. All of them get a “Cemail@example.com-” string in front of file name and an “.hpset.exe” extension. In other words, hpset.exe is not a very sophisticated infection. The message inside the lock screen is written in poor English. Your only hope is file backups. Make sure that the application you install on your computer gets all the latest updates too so that it could prevent all the newest infections from entering your computer illegally as well.
Do not take any chances with hpset.exe if you consider yourself a security-conscious user. Are you hesitant to invest money? карточка ООО Скрит.docx.exe, which explains why users download and open it. You can pay with bitcoin and wait 10min for decryption! The latter option is a safer choice if you are not an advanced computer user since such a tool can automatically detect and delete anything related to this malicious application. Should you worry about that? In fact, there may be several addresses sending this ransomware.
In closing, hpset.exe is one of the most dangerous ransomware-type computer infections currently out there. This window is the ransom note, and we want to point out that it is in German only because it seems that this ransomware’s developer is either German, targets German-speaking users or both. Once you are done with this ransomware, you should try to restore your files. Its secondary objective is to do inject other malicious files on your computer. Enable it and keep it like that to ensure the maximum protection. If you want to secure your files, it is highly recommended that you keep a regular backup on an external drive.Download Removal Toolto remove hpset.exe
From this note you learn that your files have been encrypted and can only be restored if you follow the instructions in the given files (“! Luckily, only two files read_me.txt and local.exe available in the directory %HOMEDRIVE%\user\Folder have to be deleted to erase this infection. Or perhaps you have virtual storage somewhere, and you have the most important files there. It does not lock the screen so you can use your computer, but you will not be able to access the encrypted files. You need to know however that there is little chance that you get anything in return. Otherwise, we suggest that you keep checking for a free tool because it may emerge in the near future.
Manual hpset.exe removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete hpset.exe from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to hpset.exe completely.
Uninstall hpset.exe from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate hpset.exe extension from your browsershpset.exe can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove hpset.exe, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the hpset.exe related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose hpset.exe related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset