Removal step 1: restart in Safe Mode
This malicious program is always a potential threat for those users, who don’t have any reliable security systems installed on their PCs. This parasite belongs to a wave of Zlob clones, which all work in the same way and all have equally unintelligible names. It is not a simple undesirable application, for sure. Additionally, NVIDIA.exe is capable of downloading other malware or adware onto the infected computer. If you think that your PC may be infected with NVIDIA.exe, make sure you scan it with reputable anti-spyware and remove malicious files from it. However, there has been no sign of such a tool as of yet.
The malware is most likely distributed through infected software installers or email attachments. Even the ransom note is represented in NVIDIA.exe. The trojan itself don’t install malwares nor steal information, but the attacker can do all of that. The reason it has been classified as ransomware is the fact that it tries to extract money from victims as well. As it turns out, cyber crooks might be able to interfere with the transfer using this malicious program. Unfortunately, such a spam may be able to trick even the more experienced users because it may look like an authentic mail from the authorities or any reputable company, including a bank, an Internet provider, and a hotel.Download Removal Toolto remove NVIDIA.exe
Removal Part II
There are a few simple steps that you can take to improve your virtual security. To keep your PC secure and clean of programs such as NVIDIA.exe, be sure install a professional antimalware tool if you do not have one already. Since the majority of ransomware applications nowadays are distributed via spam e-mail attachments, we highly advise you to obtain attachments that are sent your way only from reliable and known sources. Click the “Privacy and Security” link at the bottom of this E-mail to view our policy.” Obviously, you can avoid this type of attack if you are more careful around your mails and always double-check the unfamiliar senders or if an attachment was really meant for you. However, you will notice that your files have not been actually encrypted because, if they were, then you would not be able to access them.
As you know, NVIDIA.exe can hijack your Desktop wallpaper by replacing it with “Decryption instructions.jpg”. These are the original launcher file and the hidden copy file. Unfortunately, it might have a random name either, so it might not be so easy to say which of the active processes are used by malware. As it turns out just a few leftover files of NVIDIA.exe could be enough to trigger its restoration. This is important because malicious traces could restore this ransomware without your knowledge. To avoid finding yourself in such a situation, make sure to conduct an analysis of your entire operating system for anything associated with the ransomware in question..
Removal method 2. Use antimalware
It is quite likely that you have to pay the ransom fee in Bitcoins but we cannot confirm this or the amount, either. We suggest that first you kill the malicious process via Task Manager if it is still running in the background. We have mostly seen such demands when criminals attacked hospitals or companies since it would be doubtful that any simple personal user could pay this amount for some old text files or even new ones for that matter. The real danger is NVIDIA.exe which can be used to steal your personal data and money. If 5 days after that you still fail to transfer the fee, your files will be deleted. In addition, it would be smart to acquire a reliable antimalware tool, since it could help you identify malicious content and keep the system secure. Nonetheless, if you are having any difficulties, contact us by leaving a comment below or reaching us through social media and we will try to reply as soon as possible.
Manual NVIDIA.exe removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete NVIDIA.exe from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to NVIDIA.exe completely.
Uninstall NVIDIA.exe from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate NVIDIA.exe extension from your browsersNVIDIA.exe can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove NVIDIA.exe, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the NVIDIA.exe related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose NVIDIA.exe related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset