Terminate this ransomware’s processes
Interested how do One such application is entitled Gbhvexig.exe (also known as TheGbhvexig.exeGbhvexig.exeSupportScam). The file is called “How to decrypt files.html,” and you should face it whenever you restart the operating system. The user is not alerted about any of this in any way. Needless to say, you can rest assured that if any new information comes up, we will update this article as soon as possible. Gbhvexig.exe continuously contacts predefined web sites in order to retrieve specific instructions and notify its authors that the computer Gbhvexig.exe runs on is infected. Sending money to the author of this threat expecting that it will give the decryption key is not recommended because even though they promise to hand in the decryption key immediately after receiving money from users, there are no guarantees that this key will be sent to users as promised.
Download Removal Toolto remove Gbhvexig.exe
The distribution of Gbhvexig.exe is still quite mysterious, and we do not know whether this threat will slither in using a corrupted spam email attachment, or if it will be downloaded by other threats. JS/Nemucod.H. Of course, no one in their right mind would install this threat if they knew what it could do. For avoiding security holes and infiltration of It also says that you must contact the developer of this malicious application within a week; Right after that, it starts gathering as much information as possible. If you do not know which files were encrypted, look for the “.adam” extension attached to them.
Delete Windows Gbhvexig.exe’s files
Gbhvexig.exe is known to be currently roaming the web; Apparently, it should not affect any files located in the C disk because doing so could result in the computer being unable to boot and consequently, the victim might not see the ransom note and pay the requested sum. Law enforcement agencies strongly advise victims against paying up because the probability that the attacker will reply by providing a decryption tool is extremely low. For example, a locked image might look like image.jpg.Gbhvexig.exe.zip. At the time of research, this sum converted to 130 USD and 120 EUR. Ransomware infections are sneaky threats, so there are no guarantees that you will not detect a new file-encrypting threat on your PC again.
As we have mentioned, this Trojan exploits a document vulnerability called CVE-2017-11882 that has existed for 17 years. For more information navigate to your personal unlocking page below. According to our researchers, Gbhvexig.exe usually comes as an attachment in spam emails. You can continue assessing this site after installing this update. Also, make sure to back up your personal files to keep them safe in the future. Instead, you should employ an authentic malware remover which will delete Gbhvexig.exe and protect your PC against other malware attacks.
Delete the registry keyDownload Removal Toolto remove Gbhvexig.exe
While encrypting the files, Gbhvexig.exe is set to append the default file extensions. Fortunately, we are here and we are ready to help you to eliminate this infection. Once you get rid of this program, you will be able to delete the encrypted files and transfer the healthy ones from your backup straight into your hard drive. You should also consider that this infection may not be the only one threatening your PC. You also need to consider the fact that there is little chance that these crooks will keep their promise. You are supposed to send an email to email@example.com to get the details of the payment method, which usually has to be settled in Bitcoins that can range from 100 to 500 US dollar worth.
The reason we do not advise putting up with the cyber criminal’s demands is because there are no reassurances. Therefore, open your Task Manager right now, and check all the processes running on the list. Please follow these steps carefully for best results. If your PC has already been infected by Gbhvexig.exe, then the only thing you can do at this point is Gbhvexig.exe it. In any case, do remember that you need to keep all your programs and drivers up-to-date for best results in the fight against cyber attacks. However, you will have to identify its randomly named executable on your own.
Manual Gbhvexig.exe removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete Gbhvexig.exe from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to Gbhvexig.exe completely.
Uninstall Gbhvexig.exe from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate Gbhvexig.exe extension from your browsersGbhvexig.exe can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove Gbhvexig.exe, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the Gbhvexig.exe related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose Gbhvexig.exe related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset