How to remove Search-startpage.com?
About Search-startpage.com browser hijacker
Search-startpage.com is another browser hijacker that is related to Conduit. It displays a warning that the domain you are about to visit is unsafe. It is classified as browser hijacker, so it will bring a lot of unwanted consequences to your computer. requires immediate removal. Search-startpage.com virus from the first attempt. However, if you skip this step, the programs are downloaded automatically. In addition to that, when making searches with this search provider, be very careful with commercial advertisements that may flood every website that you visit because they may be sponsored as well and cause Search-startpage.com redirects to affiliate websites. Finally, just like hundreds of other browser hijackers, Search-startpage.com virus may start tracking you and may collect your search terms, information that you provide when visiting your favorite websites and similar data.
If you are an attentive Internet user, you might have noticed that Search-startpage.com provides you a facility to access shopping and gaming websites right from the homepage. We have also provided a tutorial below this article explaining how to remove this hijacker from your browsers manually. If you are experiencing such issues right now, you should not ignore them and revert browser’s modifications. However, all what this program is capable of are continuous redirects, interruptions of annoying pop-up ads and slow downs. This results in continuous redirections to Search-startpage.com.com and other unwanted domains. Thus, keeping in mind that Search-startpage.com redirects can make you visit unreliable domains, trick into installing adwares, gather information without asking explicit permission, etc., it’s obvious that Search-startpage.com redirect virus needs a removal without a delay.Download Removal Toolto remove Search-startpage.com
How does Search-startpage.com Browser Hijacker Get onto Your Computer?
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is not malicious itself; make your browsing experience unbearable because they may start reappearing on each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers. all for the self-seeking intention of generating web traffic. Otherwise, Search-startpage.com redirect may continue bothering you Therefore, if you care about your computer’s safety, you should not keep this plug-in in your browser. If this application has already infected your computer, we suggest using anti-spyware software to get rid of it. However, it brings a lot of inconveniences for computer users. using Therefore, instead of using Search-startpage.com search, you should consider using a more reliable web search, such as Google or Yahoo.
‘‘Bundling’’ is the primary source of BestMediaTab invasion. Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman. It comes bundled with many freeware, such as video or music players, PDF creators, download managers and so on. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. You can also try to remove Search-startpage.com manually. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. Search-startpage.com Other methods of sly infiltration include clicking on suspicious pop-ups, performing questionable updates, visiting unsafe domains such as free gaming, gambling online platforms and pornographic sites. In order to avoid any PUP, you should opt for “Advanced” settings and then carefully unmark irrelevant add-ons.
Question: How can I avoid installing browser hijackers like Search-startpage.com?
Search-startpage.com virus is not a malicious computer threat, but it is definitely not a good program. A scan with an anti-malware program will solve this issue automatically. If you have another search provider installed, we recommend you to open it and check if Search-startpage.com is not sitting there too. You should always go for Custom installation and check every step before clicking Next, Agree or Accept buttons. See below. It does not only remove Search-startpage.com, but it can effectively eliminate more aggressive viruses.
Manual Search-startpage.com removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete Search-startpage.com from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to Search-startpage.com completely.
Uninstall Search-startpage.com from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate Search-startpage.com extension from your browsersSearch-startpage.com can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove Search-startpage.com, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the Search-startpage.com related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose Search-startpage.com related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset