How to remove ativsk.exe?
Terminate this ransomware’s processes
Even though ativsk.exe is a very active infection, not many computer users realize that they need to remove it from their operating systems. This is a totally fraudulent group of malwares, which uses stealthy ways to hide themselves on computer and initiate various unwanted activity on it. By not removing this program, you actually risk your virtual security. However, that’s only the least dangerous part of this virus – ativsk.exe is mostly used to record victim’s activity and steal such sensitive information as passwords, loggin details, credit card information and other data. However, we have some good news. Unfortunately, there is no way yet to decrypt your files after this malicious attack.
As mentioned, developers of ativsk.exe primarily use it to make illegal profits from unsuspecting users. Even the ransom note is represented in ativsk.exe. However, it is believed that millions of PC users are still infected with this Trojan horse. however, getting it deleted is exactly what you should perform. In addition to that, you should avoid illegal websites, unlicensed programs, misleading links and similar things as they may also be involved to the distribution of ativsk.exe and similar Trojan horses. In most cases, it locks files types such as .doc, .docx, .txt, .ppt, .pdf, .psd, .jpg,.jpeg, .bmg, .mp3, .mp4, and many others.Download Removal Toolto remove ativsk.exe
Fix the MBR (Master Boot Record)
Also, ativsk.exe could be spreading via spam email attachments, and this is where you can easily stop the program from entering your system. Your best bet to maintain a fully secure operating system, make sure to install a reliable antimalware tool if you do not have one already. The more files are encrypted, and the more valuable they are to you, the more likely you are to follow the demands that are represented via “HOW_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES_[random characters].txt/html” (both TXT and HTML versions of this file exist). Nevertheless, it is also likely that this malicious application is distributed through email spam. The instructions only say that you should contact the people behind this malware via email.
ativsk.exe does not drop any additional files on the affected computer. It says the user has to pay 0.03 Bitcoins (around 21 US dollar). You could also employ automated malware detection and removal software. Although many users choose to erase the infection manually, we suggest using automated malware detection and removal software. Therefore, before you do that, you need to ativsk.exe from your computer ASAP. Hopefully, you do. Also, feel free to reach us via social media or leave a comment below if you have other questions about the infection or need more help while deleting it. However, the problem is that you may never receive this key because the cyber criminals might not send it to you.
Delete the registry key
While the encryption process is running, this ransomware may also steal important information about you from your browsers and Skype as well. The ransom note is entirely in Russian, and if you do not speak the language, it will probably look even more intimidating. It is possible that the command and control server of this infection is dead, and so the application can no longer drop its payload. In other words, in the worst case scenario, you could end up losing not only all precious files but also your money. Apart from the .exe file, a ransom note .html file is also created, but this one is dropped onto your desktop.Download Removal Toolto remove ativsk.exe
N.B. The note in Japanese and it requests that you pay 3 Bitcoins (an approximate 1887 USD) for the decryption key that you can get only from this ransomware’s developer. If you want to restore and keep security on your PC, we advise you to update all your programs and drivers regularly as well as keep away from suspicious sites and clicking on third-party ads. Second, delete all files linked to this infection. ativsk.exe tries to scare users into paying money, so it says that it will destroy the unique key and sell your files on the black market if you do not send money. But, if you are not an experienced user, you may want to ask someone who is or a professional to help you with the decryption.
Manual ativsk.exe removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete ativsk.exe from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to ativsk.exe completely.
Uninstall ativsk.exe from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate ativsk.exe extension from your browsersativsk.exe can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove ativsk.exe, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the ativsk.exe related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose ativsk.exe related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset