About EdgeLocker Ransomware
EdgeLocker (also called as Strathclyde Police Virus) is a ransomware infection from Ukash group of viruses. It uses the same tactics tested by other fraudulent applications. EdgeLocker virus is extremely dangerous computer threat, which, once installed on a computer system, starts devastating user’s personal files by encrypting them. Instead it demands to EdgeLocker or a survey and promises to unlock your computer after the action is EdgeLockerd. You may ask ‘why? Similar applications have been infecting computers all over the world for months. In order to stop this application, we highly recommend to remove EdgeLocker from your computer and do that as soon as possible.
Similarly to other threats that belong to Ukash virus group, ISCA virus is spread through the use of spam letters, freeware, shareware and other files having trojans planted inside. This kind of infections have become really popular lately and they attack computer users hiding under various names of police institutions. All this is done secretly for the user and do not even require your permission. Basically EdgeLocker blames you for being a distributor of pornography and possessing unlicensed software. According to the latest information, it adds In addition, virus asks to pay the fine of UYU 52000 (Pesos Uruguayos) or USD $100 using a Ukash or Paysafecard prepayment system.Download Removal Toolto remove EdgeLocker
How is EdgeLocker Ransomware Distributed?
Of course, this alert is completely forged and it has nothing to do with legitimate organization. Despite how scary the message looks like, you should know that it is a scam. The compensation is equivalent to 0.2 Bitcoins which is equal to 89.81 USD at the moment. Even though the hackers may seem quite the literate ones from the ransom message, you cannot rely upon criminals and expect that they will give you your data back, after you have made the payment they blackmailed you for. This again indicates the origin of EdgeLocker. We have the EdgeLocker removal instructions prepared at the end of this article. More or less dangerous, ransomware is a complicated, and we do not recommend you to try to remove it manually.
There are lots of people who ask us about the removal of ransomware. Launch MSConfig and disable all startup entries rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data; EdgeLocker” or similar warnings because they are used to spread dangerous programs. To prevent the loss of your money and recover your affected files, you should try a guide given below. You can use your backup. Do not leave it plugged in but update it regularly. To decrypt your encrypted files, you can try these tools: Finally, you can try USB external hard drives, CDs, DVDs, Google Drive, Dropbox, Flickr and other solutions.
How to Decrypt Files Encrypted by EdgeLocker Ransomware?
Never pay the demanded ransom and simply eliminate KK_ virus: In the meantime, you can try universal file-restoring programs that might help. In the latter a case you will need uninfected computer. Instead, you should consider taking preventative measures such as not to open spam e-mails, keep backing up your files, use some external hard drive. If you have your files in backup storages, then you can just eliminate EdgeLocker virus and retrieve files from there. Just do not forget to scan your computer after you remove the virus to make sure no malicious residue files are left on your PC! Additionally, it is an invaluable software which ensures your virtual security as well. Manual removal instructions for EdgeLocker virus are provided below this article.Download Removal Toolto remove EdgeLocker
If your system has already been affected, try recovering your files from a backup. Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. Then, it uses the Trojan horse tactics to disguise itself as an executable and useful file, in order to force users to download it. However, this virus might be promoted via malicious sites online, so you should not browse through insecure web pages. deEdgeLocker your files with a help of Photorec, R-Studio. We recommend suing automatic removal of
Manual EdgeLocker removalBelow you will find instructions on how to delete EdgeLocker from Windows and Mac systems. If you follow the steps correctly, you will be able to uninstall the unwanted application from Control Panel, erase the unnecessary browser extension, and eliminate files and folders related to EdgeLocker completely.
Uninstall EdgeLocker from Windows
- Click on Start and select Settings
- Choose System and go to Apps and features tab
- Locate the unwanted app and click on it
- Click Uninstall and confirm your action
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar and select Settings
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted application and click Uninstall
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the software and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove
Eliminate EdgeLocker extension from your browsersEdgeLocker can add extensions or add-ons to your browsers. It can use them to flood your browsers with advertisements and reroute you to unfamiliar websites. In order to fully remove EdgeLocker, you have to uninstall these extensions from all of your web browsers.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F
- Click on Settings and go to Extensions
- Locate the EdgeLocker related extension
- Click on the trash can icon next to it
- Select Remove
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and click on Extensions
- Choose EdgeLocker related extension
- Click Disable or Remove
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T
- Choose Manage Add-ons
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Disable the unwanted extension
- Click on More information
- Select Remove
Restore your browser settingsAfter terminating the unwanted application, it would be a good idea to reset your browsers.
- Open your browser and click on the menu
- Select Settings and click on Show advanced settings
- Press the Reset settings button and click Reset
- Open Mozilla and press Alt+H
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm your action
- Open IE and press Alt+T
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings and click Reset